La Vie spa Consultancy Services
La Vie Spa Consultancy combines the Spa Experience with an expert management consultancy business
Verna has worked with some of the top names in the spa industry including Ragdale Hall Health Hydro Spa in Leicestershire and the world’s largest spa company, Steiner Trans Ocean where she was employed as a senior therapist and assistant manager gaining experience on numerous luxury cruise ships crossing the world’s oceans.
Her story began in the mid-1990s when she started her initial studies in beauty therapy and salon hygiene at Harrogate College in North Yorkshire. After working in the industry she undertook further study at the University of Derby where she embarked upon a three year degree course in International Spa Management. With a degree in international spa management and 18 years of practical experience as a senior spa therapist, Verna was recruited by The Portland Spa Hotel in Dorset to take a leading role in the creation, launch and management of a new day spa with luxury indoor swimming pool, aqua spa facilities and fitness club.
In 2009 Verna created her own destination spa and also acquired the managing interest of an adjoining hotel, becoming Owner and Director of the combined business – The Ocean Spa Retreat.
The business received a prestigious four star status by Quality in Tourism which provides the official assessment service on behalf of Visit England, the national tourist board for England and also achieved the TripAdvisor Award of Excellence and Travellers Choice Award.
Believing in the importance of continual learning and development, Verna has been awarded the Edexcel Level 4 Award in preparing to teach in the life long sector (QCF) and also has an Assessor Award course for Level 3 Accreditation by Edexcel. Verna is also writing her first book which is a guide to understanding how spas operate and the range of spa treatments available. It will be called Passionate About Spas.
La Vie spa Business Consultancy Services Offers advice to hotels, hospitality businesses and country clubs
- Quality hotels, hospitality businesses or country clubs planning to open a new spa to complement their business offerings
- Business operators seeking support to design, create and launch a new spa
- Spa owners and management wishing to achieve higher standards and enhanced business performance
- Spa owners requiring temporary management cover or intervention
- Spa owners requiring staff assessment and training to higher professional standards and qualifications, or to expand the range of treatments offered
- Spa management requiring tactical support to identify and exploit new market opportunities, or help solve and manage problematic business delivery issues
- Spa managers requiring discreet mentoring and personal coaching
- Salons and boutiques seeking to expand and upgrade their businesses into a full spa concept
- Market research and assessment; spa business feasibility studies; spa concept appraisal
- Spa concept development; strategic planning, competitor analysis
- Spa design, layout and theming
- Detail specification through to fit out and equipping
- Supplier and equipment recommendations, sourcing and procurement
- Operational and commercial planning; systems development and implementation
- Spa treatments menu creation; signature treatments design and planning
- Spa brand/company assessment, selection and contract negotiation; stocking levels
- Staff recruitment, selection, ongoing assessment and management
- Spa therapy training (in-house or external)
- Spa cuisine recommendations
- Pre-opening and launch planning
- Marketing, PR, promotional and sales strategies
- Public relations/Customer relations events
- Staff motivation and incentives
- Mystery Shopper assignments